AIMS Software Limited (hereinafter referred to as “AIMS” “ASL” “us” “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with all applicable data protection and privacy laws.
The objective of this statement is to inform you how we handle your personal data.
ASL offers a range of product and services based on modern technologies including hosting and internet (related) services.
This statement applies to all personal data (“Data”) in our possession and customer information (including name, address, fixed line number, mobile number, email address and all other contact details).
All Data will be obtained fairly. We will make you aware of all purposes that we intend to use your Data for at the time of collection or will be advised to you prior to use.
Data will be accurate and complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained.
All acquisition methods (e.g. customer application forms, contracts, SLA’s) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes.
What personal information do we collect and receive from you?
You may give us personal data by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.grantmanagementsoftware.com (our website) such as the contact us or request a demo forms.This includes contact name, position, organisation, email address and telephone number.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, and financial data) in your application.
- Customers, suppliers and business contacts supply us with information which may include employee’s contact details; a contact name; email; business address; telephone number, value added tax number and billing payment details.
- Any comments, postings or other content that you upload or post to the AIMS site (such as LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter etc.)
- Customer support calls are logged and tracked in the dedicated AIMS Support Platform).
What information about you do we obtain from others?
When you use our products/services, we may obtain information that has been provided by other organisations that obtained your permission to share the data.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes.
All Data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
Data will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained. Upon making contact with ASL through our website, we will use your information to respond to your initial contact or for marketing purposes if you have opted to receive marketing communications. If you sign up to marketing communications from ASL, ASL may send you information about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you including our newsletters and product update information. You have the option to unsubscribe.
Disclosure of Data will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties’ own purposes or use.
Under no circumstances will lists of customer data/information (i.e. mailing lists or database information) be disclosed to a third party for that third party’s exploitation or use without your express permission. Data may be legitimately given to ASLservants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above.
If Data has been obtained for a purpose without advising you of other compatible secondary purposes for which it is subsequently to be used, the Data will not be so used without advising you.
We will automatically list you as preferring not to receive direct telemarketing from third parties.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services/products, to market our services, to improve our website and to recruit staff.
We will use this information:
- To set your company up on our systems;
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you;
- To deliver information about our similar products and services, where you have not unsubscribed to receive same;
- To deliver information about new products and services, where you have not subscribed to receive same;
- To fulfil our statutory function as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation;
- To ensure payment of our invoices;
- To conduct surveys or research questionnaires;
- To provide whitepapers;
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee;
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you.
- Website users:
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
What are the legal bases for the processing of your data?
- That you have provided consent for the processing for one or more specified purposes such as marketing for example when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your personal data with our selected business associates, service providers, public and governmental authorities, suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services/products. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers. Where an assessment of your credit score is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, we will share information with our selected credit reference agencies.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- As part of a project with other companies in the Quest Group.
- We attach at Schedule 1 a list of all entities with whom your personal data may be shared.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
Links to third-party websites
Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
Data will be retained for any period required by law.
Some Data that is not otherwise subject to retention for normal reasons may need to be retained because of circumstances such as litigation.
Do we transfer your information outside the European Union or European Economic Area?
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Salesforce:-Sales and marketing data logged in Salesforce.com that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, Dallas or Phoenix, USA outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Salesforce is self-certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
MailChimp: Marketing details are shared with MailChimp which details may be transferred to the USA. MailChimp is self-certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
GoDaddy.com: Marketing details are shared with GoDaddy.com which details may be transferred to the USA. GoDaddy.com is self-certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
SurveyMonkey: Marketing details are shared with Survey Monkey which details may be transferred to the USA. Survey Monkey is self-certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
A list of Privacy Shield participants is maintained by the Department of Commerce at www.privacyshield.gov and is available here.
AIMS Software Pte Ltd. Singapore. Personal data may be shared with this affiliate and a Standard Contractual Clause has been put in place.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights by emailing email@example.com or writing to AIMS Software Ltd.
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
AIMS Software Ltd is constantly reviewing and enhancing its technical, physical and managerial procedures and rules to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction. We use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. ASL cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
What will happen if we change our privacy notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our website or our services. This notice was last updated on 1 November 2022.
Data Protection Queries – Contact Details
If you have any query about AIMS Software Ltd data protection statement or practices, please write to: Managing Director, AIMS Software Limited, Ushers Court, 31-33 Ushers Quay, Dublin 8, D08 EE76, Ireland or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1 – List of AIMS sub-processors
ASL uses its affiliate and a range of third party sub-processors to assist it in providing the services (as described in the Statement). These sub-processors set out below provide cloud hosting and storage services; content delivery and review services; assist in providing customer support; as well as incident response, diagnosis and resolution services.
ASL may use the following sub-processor(s) to host customer data or provide other infrastructure that helps with delivery of our services:
|Entity Name||Sub-processing Activities||Location|
|Quest Computing Ltd.||Network Support services||Dublin, Ireland|
|GoDaddy.com||Cloud Service Provider||Dublin & USA|
|MailChimp||Cloud-based Marketing Platform||USA|
|Matrix Internet Applications Ltd.||Cloud-based Support Provider||Dublin, Ireland|
|Salesforce.com EMEA Ltd.||Cloud Service Provider||Dallas or Phoenix, USA|
|SurveyMonkey Europe||Cloud-based surveys||USA|
|Viatel Ireland Ltd.||Cloud Service Provider||Dublin, Ireland|
|Amazon Web Services||Cloud Service Provider||Dublin, Ireland|
ASL may use the following Sub-processors to perform other service functions:
|Entity Name||Sub-processing Activities||Location|
|Independent Contractors||IT Consultancy Services||Ireland, England, Singapore & Spain|
|Laztech IT Services Ltd.||Network Support services||Dublin, Ireland|
|NCC Services Ltd.||Escrow Services||Manchester, England|
|Recruitment Agencies||Personnel recruitment||Ireland and England|
AIMS Software Ltd Affiliate
ASL may also engage its affiliate depending on the geographical location of a customer or their authorised users to deliver some or all of the services provided to a customer.
|AIMS Software Pte Ltd.||Singapore|